A position has opened up for a casual studio packaging assistant to join our passionate team of five for an immediate start. This position will be 2~3 mornings a week to start (approx 4~6hrs) with potential for more hours in future. Please note that this is a hands-on job that can be physically demanding ~ you’ll be on your feet most of the time and some heavy lifting of boxes may be required. Packaging ceramics safely takes considerable time and effort ~ someone with unobstructed hand and arm movement will be best fitted.
We are a boutique ceramics studio based in Noosaville on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland. We specialise in small-batch tableware, ceramic takeaway cups and giftware. We work with restaurants and shops all over Australia and around the world, as well as providing customers with handmade pieces both through our shopfront as well as online.
The successful applicant will be involved in all aspects of the packaging process with the excellent ability to work precisely and accurately under pressure, ensuring the right pieces are packed and shipped safely to the customer.
Previous applicants are invited to apply if they feel this new role is suited to them. Please note that this position does not involve clay production duties.
- Picking, packing and dispatch of customer, wholesale and restaurant orders (local & international)
- Packing all orders safely, with care and attention to detail, ensuring the order is complete, arrives safely and provides a great customer experience
- Communicating with senior staff and management regarding stock levels and back-ordered items
- Pre-packaging or gift packaging, assembling, labelling & preparing goods for sale or display
- Ensuring the packaging area is kept stocked, organised and clean at all times
- Other tasks as directed
Previous experience in dispatch or packaging desirable but not essential as training will be provided. The right attitude and fit for our small team will be highly regarded.
Skills and personal attributes:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to package orders to high standard of set examples whilst ensuring safe delivery by using appropriate padding materials
- Good oral & written communication skills
- Computer literate ~ ability to use computer software to book parcels and organise courier pickup, ensuring the most economical way for packing and booking freight
- Well presented with a friendly and positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to work well alone as well as in a small team
- Efficient, self-directed and methodical
How to apply
If you’re interested in this position we would love to hear from you! Please email your resume and a little more info about yourself, stating why you are interested in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.