STUDIO PRODUCTION ASSISTANT
We are looking for a casual studio team member to join our passionate team of four for an immediate start. This position will be 3~4 days a week initially, with the potential for more days in the near future. Please note that this is a hands-on job that can be physically demanding with some heavy lifting required.
We are a boutique ceramics studio based in Noosaville on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland. We specialise in small-batch tableware, ceramic takeaway cups and giftware. We work with restaurants and shops all over Australia and around the world, as well as providing customers with handmade pieces both through our shopfront & online.
Our recent move and expansion to a larger studio in Noosaville has provided this exciting opportunity for a new staff member to come on board. The successful applicant will be involved in all aspects of our production methods with the excellent ability to multitask and move between jobs and production techniques as required.
- Manufacturing ceramics using slipcasting, slabrolling and handbuilding techniques
- Preparing and mixing of clay slip ready for use
- Preparing and mixing of glazes ready for use
- Finishing and glazing (hand-brushing and dipping) ceramics to the highest standard as directed
- Loading & unloading kilns
- Supporting day to day operations of the studio, including organising studio tools, equipment and stock when required
- Ensuring studio workspace and equipment is kept clean, organised, safely stored and easily accessible
- Assisting in packaging customer, wholesale and restaurant orders when required
- Other tasks as directed
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Experience: One to two years working in a similar ceramic production environment is highly desirable however training can be provided. The right attitude and fit for our small team will be highly regarded.
Skills and personal attributes:
- High attention to detail
- Ability to produce ceramics to high standard of studio examples
- Ability to work well alone as well as in a small team
- Efficient, self-directed and methodical
- Excellent ability to multitask between jobs and stages of clay production
- Good oral communication skills
- Methodical approach and able to meet deadlines
If you’re interested in this position we would love to hear from you! Please email your resume stating why you are interested in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.