STUDIO PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (currently trialing applicants)
We are looking for a casual studio team member to join our passionate team of three!
This position will be 3~4 days a week to start, with the potential for more days in the near future. Please note that some heavy lifting will be required for this position.
We are a boutique ceramics studio based in Tinbeerwah on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland. We specialise in small-batch tableware with an organic feel. Loved by some of the best-known chefs in Australia, we send our ceramics to customers, restaurants and shops all over Australia and around the world.
- Manufacturing ceramics including cups, bowls and vases using primarily slipcasting techniques
- Preparing and mixing of clay slip ready for use
- Preparing and mixing of glazes ready for use
- Finishing and glazing (hand-brushing and dipping) ceramics to the highest standard as directed
- Supporting day to day operations of the studio, including unloading kilns and organising studio tools, equipment and stock when required
- Ensuring studio workspace and equipment is kept clean, organised, safely stored and easily accessible
- Keeping track of materials used and advising of any materials required
- Assisting in packaging customer, wholesale and restaurant orders when required
- Assisting in pre-packaging or gift packaging, assembling, labelling & preparing goods for sale or display when required
- Other tasks as directed
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Experience: One to two years working in a similar ceramic production environment is desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
Skills and personal attributes:
- High attention to detail
- Ability to produce ceramics to high standard of studio examples
- Ability to package orders to high standard of set examples whilst ensuring safe delivery by using appropriate padding materials
- Ability to work well alone as well as in a small team
- Efficient, self-directed and methodical
- Excellent ability to multitask between jobs and stages of clay production
- Good oral communication skills
- Methodical approach and able to meet deadlines
If you’re interested in this position we would love to hear from you! Please email your resume stating why you are interested in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.