Kim Wallace Ceramics is a boutique ceramics studio based in Noosaville on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland. We specialise in small-batch tableware, ceramic takeaway cups and giftware, and have established a successful market, working with restaurants and shops all over Australia and around the world. We provide customers with handmade pieces both through our shopfront, as well as online.
About the role
We have an opportunity for a passionate and motivated Retail Coordinator to join our small team. Reporting to the Owner/Creative Director, this diverse position requires a multi-tasker who is able to divide their energy between customer service and retail shop duties. Communicating with customers, wholesalers and social media followers is one of the core functions of this role, including providing service to our walk-in customers in our Noosaville shop-front. Coordinating in-store and online stocks are also key tasks, including data collection/entry related to stocks and general studio administration and organisation to keep the studio running smoothly.
This role includes assisting with packaging duties, however does not involve clay production.
The position is casual offering approximately 15 hours work per week.
What we're looking for
- Experience in a busy work environment, supporting a small team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the capacity to liaise with a broad range of people in a friendly, responsive and timely manner.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and proficiency in time and task management, with strong prioritisation skills and an excellent ability to multitask between jobs.
- Competent computer and keyboard skills on a Mac platform.
- Ability to work self-directed and independently, and as a member of a team.
- Capability to exercise initiative and be methodical in the performance of duties, make sound decisions and take action in area of responsibility.
- Professional and positive attitude with a high level of motivation.
- Flair for product display and visual presentation.
Though not essential, the following would be beneficial
- Previous experience in a customer service or retail role, with a working knowledge of a retail software package.
What we offer
- Employee's discount on merchandise.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Creative and fun working environment.
- Paid leave day for your Birthday.
Get in touch
If this opportunity has sparked your interest, we would love to hear from you! Please email any position description enquiries and/or your resume with a cover letter addressing why you are interested in this position to Kim Wallace at email email@example.com. Applications close 5pm Monday 19 April 2021.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.