Studio Production Assistant
- Join an Accomplished Team
- Be Involved in Ceramics Production
- Noosaville Location
Kim Wallace Ceramics is a boutique ceramics studio based in Noosaville on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland. We specialise in small-batch tableware, ceramic takeaway cups and giftware and have established a successful market, working with restaurants and shops all over Australia and around the world. We provide customers with handmade pieces both through our shopfront, as well as online.
An opportunity exists for a Studio Assistant to join our small team, reporting to the Owner/Creative Director. This position predominantly involves the production of ceramics including slip-casting, and when required, also includes mixing slip, glazing and slab-rolling. The role is physically demanding, where you will be working in a standing position for the majority of the shift and also be required to lift heavy items when required.
The position is casual offering approximately 2-3 days work per week. To be considered you must be able to demonstrate:
- One to two years’ experience working in a similar ceramic production environment is desirable but not essential, as training will be provided.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the capacity to liaise with a broad range of people in a friendly, responsive and timely manner.
- Demonstrated high attention to detail, with an excellent ability to multitask between jobs and stages of clay production.
- Ability to work self-directed and independently, and as a member of a small team.
- Capability to use a methodical approach, be proficient in the performance of duties and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude with a high level of motivation.
What we offer:
- Employee’s discount on merchandise.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Creative and fun working environment.
- Paid leave day for your Birthday.
If this opportunity has sparked your interest, we would love to hear from you! Please email any position description enquiries and/or your resume with a cover letter addressing why you are interested in this position to Kim Wallace at email email@example.com.
Applications close 5pm Monday 26th October 2020.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.